Saturday, December 27, 2008

My N95

See the dude on the left? LoL.. That's a really funny picture. Of course there are many options out there that allow you to bring out the power of a computer. My personal favourite right now is the Nokia N95 8GB.

Ever since owning one, I've never felt more helpless without it by my side. There are plenty of reviews done about this phone, and if you're looking at this post, you most probably know about this phone already.

Right now, I'm using a N95 8GB with a unlimited data plan. Which basically turns my phone into a screaming internet device which delivers the whole world into the palm of my hands.

Most people have different usages and ideas of their mobile phones. I have two. The main phone that I'm using for my SMS and voice calls is a Nokia 6110 Navigator. Very handy device, especially its built-in GPS capabilities. The other phone that I use, would be the N95 8GB.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Nokia 6110 Navigator (top) and the Nokia N95 8GB (bottom)

When I first signed up for the unlimited data plan from M1, my main intention was to use it to replace all my SMSes to my girlfriend, which was racking up a huge phone bill. We both signed up for it, and we got ourselves a couple of old Dopod 838 Pro handsets, which was pretty good for this purpose until we realized that maybe one-hand typing would be more productive.

So I made the first switch when I traded my phone with this really nice guy at work for a Motorola Q9H, and viola! A full QWERTY keyboard which I could access with one hand. Turned out it was great for awhile, but I always had to keep an eye for any mistakes as I hammered out my replies to my girlfriend on Windows Live Messenger. Its not really the same on a mobile phone, this QWERTY keyboard thing. Sure, it might be better if you use it for emails and stuff, or if you need to type long long documents on a mobile handset, but it can get clumsy at times, and it is still better if you actually used it with 2 hands.

So I considered the N95 8GB, and after awhile, I decided to go for it and traded in the Q9H for a second-hand set. Its been a few weeks, and I'm still awestruck by it. In fact, I'm so impressed by this phone, I went out and bought my girlfriend a N95 classic. Will post some pictures of her phone soon (it's all wrapped in a damn nice G-Mask). So do you own a N95? If you do, please share with me some of the things you use your handset for and the softwares you have installed in your phone. In my next post, I'll talk about what I use my N95 8GB for.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The N95 is one cool mobile phone... Damn, I want one... :)

Post a Comment